Hello Python Community,
We’re pleased to announce the second Beta release of IronPython 2.7, which can be downloaded at http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/60193
. This release fixes a number of bugs and adds the zlib and subprocess modules. This is also the first community release of IronPython.
New Changes in Beta 2:
- Add zlib, gzip, and subprocess modules
- Numerous bug fixes
Changes already in Beta 1:
- Updates the language to be compatible with CPython 2.7
- Improves integrated Visual Studio support (IronPython Tools for Visual Studio)
- Extends CPython 2.7’s documentation with useful information pertaining to IronPython
- Adds the mmap and signal modules
- Includes a number of performance updates and bug fixes
- Requires .NET 4.0 and Silverlight 4.0
See the release notes for Beta 1
for the details on what is new since IronPython 2.6.
- The IronPython Team