On behalf of the IronPython team, I'm happy to announce the final release of IronPython 2.7.3. This release includes everything from IronPython 2.7
, and 220.127.116.11
as well. Like all IronPython 2.7-series releases, .NET 4 is required
to install it. Installing this release will replace any existing IronPython 2.7-series installation.
The incompatibility with IronRuby has been resolved, and they can once again be installed side-by-side.
The biggest improvements in IronPython 2.7.3 are:
- the winsound and _bisect modules,
- the bz2 module,
- major improvements to the _ast module,
- support for response files in pyc.py,
- support for loading zip packages from resources,
- the "SuperConsole" is now the default, which adds line history and tab-completion on all platforms,
- improvements to Android support,
- and numerous other bug fixes.
Due to major bugs, the Windows Phone 7 assemblies included in 2.7.2 are not included.
For Visual Studio integration, check out Python Tools for Visual Studio
which has support for IronPython as well as CPython, and many other fantastic features.
IronPython 2.7.3 is also available for embedding via NuGet
. The main package is IronPython
, and the standard library is in IronPython.StdLib
. Because this is a prerelease package, you must use -IncludePrerelease
on the command line or select "Include Prerelease" from the package drop-down menu (NuGet 1.7 only).
A huge thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible; this wouldn't have been nearly as big a release without your help!